Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

XM radio changing channels on it's own

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tim Zepplin 
#1 ·
I recently had my Pathy into the dealership for a number of repairs (nothing anywhere nearly related to the radio - window regulators, radiator fans, and external tranny oil cooler) and since I got it back, the XM radio has been changing channels on it's own when I have a bad signal/no reception and that happens quite often with where I live in NW Washington. The channels always (so far at least) go up one at a time until it finds a good signal again and then it stays on that new channel; it's almost like the radio thinks it needs to scan the channels until it finds one that works when the signal drops. If I'm in a good location with a clear view of the sky, you'd never know anything was amiss but as soon as I get into an obstructed area and the signal is interrupted, a gremlin shows up in my dash and starts changing the channels in an orderly fashion. It doesn't happen 100% of the time either; at times the signal drops out and the radio stays right where I had it until it picks it up again.

I've also noticed that at times when I turn the radio on, it'll be on some random channel instead of the last thing I was listening too; that seems to be unrelated to the signal strength (at least as far as I can tell at the moment). The channels that it gets switched to will be a mixture of ones I have programmed or things I've definitely never listened to.

I called Sirius today and they told me that since my battery had been unhooked while the dealership did the repairs, they possibly shorted something w/in the satellite radio module (it's reallllly sensitive the guy told me) and I needed to take it back to the dealership and have them work on things. They basically did nothing for me besides pass the buck to Nissan.

Has anyone had similar problems like this? I've searched around online and found other people that have similar issue but in other rigs - Teslas seem to realllllly have problems with their satellite radios!

And does it make sense that them unhooking the battery and then reattaching it would cause such an odd problem?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.