It is related....... - Page 2 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekanson View Post
I get you. I am only curious cos I just had my alternator replaced and my mileage has reduced significantly. Used to average 13.2L/100KM (I'm in Canada) mainly city driving. It is now at 15L/100KM and it has become super sensitive. Driving habits haven't changed. When i hit the highway, after a few hundred meters, I start noticing a decline in the number and when I get back to city driving, number starts going up after a few minutes. And I'm talking about the instrument cluster reading not the centre console. Centre console has been pretty steady at 13.1. I'm going to monitor it for another week or so to see and then I'm taking it for a diagnostics if it doesn't normalize.
Sorry, I'm at a total loss when understanding metric mileage. That Alternator change is a real puzzler. The only thing I can think of is that maybe your Alternator was replaced with a high output one. It does a nice job on the battery but does require a little more horse power (Gas) To run.

Since I've run the Techron, I've been running Chevron Mid Grade only and mileage seems to have stabilized. Another change I've noted is the gas pedal is really touchy. Just a little pedal, and she goes!

I'll be towing my trailer in the next couple of months, then, I'll see how all of this will relate to towing and hopefully my mileage will be better. I will be using Premium fuel when towing. We'll see how it goes.

2017 Nissan PF SV/SL 4X4 Has approx 14,000 mi

2018 Forrest River 21FBKS. E2WDH Approx 2K miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page