2016 Pathfinder? - Page 2 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I live in KY and I see tons of 2013+ year model PF's everywhere. I would be surprised if they revamped the model. They won't go back to a body on frame design. I'm also a member in an Xterra forum and 2015 is the last year for that model. Truck-based SUV's are a dying breed. Toyota also killed the FJ model. The only true SUV still in production (moving forward) is a 4Runner that I can think of off the top of my head (outside of very large SUV's: Tahoe, Suburban, Armada, etc.)

In the KY market, the PF's are priced very competitively. I got my 2014 SL Premium Package including accessories (cargo pack., roof rails, rubber mats, wheel locks, tow package, etc.) for just over $34k out the door with taxes; it stickered for $41k. Compared to competition of other brands the PF is still a great value if you're ok with its qwerks. My only complaint so far is the paint quality.

I bought the PF for myself, but will likely be giving it to my wife in the next year or so for her to drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathLessTraveled View Post
Surprised we're still waiting on news for the 2016 pathfinder. Wonder what the delay is especially if they're just going to announce a few cosmetic changes (I'm assuming). Maybe they're holding off on purpose to try and keep the 2015 sales going?
Wouldn't it be nice to think that they're working to get it right this time?

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightywhitey View Post
need a nismo model with a lowered stanced and some performance tuning. perhaps even a supercharger.
LOL yeah right. Nissan can't get this vehicle right why would they consider offering a performance model? It's not a Pathfinder anyone, never in history did the Pathfinder ever offer anything like this.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm totally with you on this line of thinking. When I first got my 2014 I was thinking I wanted to modify it and go down that path. I use to race 1/4 street and haven't had a sports car in many years.
The quality of the Pathfinder for me is so poor now that I'm moving on. I'm getting a Dodge Durango R/T with a HEMI when my lease runs out next Month.
I looked at the 2017 models as honestly I'm a Nissan kinda guy up until I got the 2014. Now I have a very bad taste in my mouth that I was hoping the 2017 would wash out. It's basically the same exact crossover( It's not a truck anymore) with some minor changes. All of the changes are improvements over the 2013-2015 models but not enough for me to get another one.

I'm honestly sad to leave Nissan and move into Dodge. I'm also excited as I have drove 3 of the Durango's now and man they are totally better in every single way. I have not found anything yet that I prefer on the Nissan over the Dodge especially the power but thats pretty un fair as the Durango has 360 HP and 390 LBS of torque. Thats a huge difference even compared to the new 285 the 2017 has which is still 10hp less the the standard engine in the regular Durango's.
If I was gonna get a v6 again I'd still get a Durango. It's much better looking vehicle and it's much funner to drive. It handles so much better you don't get all that body roll when you go into a corner like you do with the so called Pathfinder.

Own / Owned Nissan's
1990 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Xterra S
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2011 Nissan Murano SV
2013 Nissan Sentra SR
2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
I'm also excited as I have drove 3 of the Durango's now and man they are totally better in every single way. I have not found anything yet that I prefer on the Nissan over the Dodge especially the power but thats pretty un fair as the Durango has 360 HP and 390 LBS of torque. Thats a huge difference even compared to the new 285 the 2017 has which is still 10hp less the the standard engine in the regular Durango's.
I also believe my next vehicle will be a Durango R/T (but keeping the PF). I drove one one of the many times my PF was at the dealer and fell in love with it. I wish I could afford the upcoming SRT.
A few things that you can't find on the Durango:
- Second row doesn't slide
- No bird's view
- No second row sunroof
- Fuel Economy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Another thing you won't find on the Dodge is quality. Unless things have dramatically changed in the last couple of years, Chryco products are unreliable. I will certainly never buy another one.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
I also believe my next vehicle will be a Durango R/T (but keeping the PF). I drove one one of the many times my PF was at the dealer and fell in love with it. I wish I could afford the upcoming SRT.
A few things that you can't find on the Durango:
- Second row doesn't slide
- No bird's view
- No second row sunroof
- Fuel Economy
Yeah the SRT is just outside of my price range as well or I would absolutely get one.
The second row sliding doesn't concern me.
I don't sit in the back so the Sunroof is cool the way it comes.
I gladly give up some fuel economy for the performance. I love that it shifts.

Own / Owned Nissan's
1990 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Xterra S
2011 Nissan Murano SV
2013 Nissan Sentra SR
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
Another thing you won't find on the Dodge is quality. Unless things have dramatically changed in the last couple of years, Chryco products are unreliable. I will certainly never buy another one.
Nissan quality isn't what is use to be. Dodge has stepped up over the last few years, their quality is much better. But I do agree with you their quality years ago was poor especially for rears and transmissions.

Own / Owned Nissan's
1990 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Xterra S
2011 Nissan Murano SV
2013 Nissan Sentra SR
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
That is why I didn't even consider a Durango 2+ years ago and bought a Nissan believing I was buying a more reliable vehicle.... I can tell you that I will certainly never buy another Nissan and after this experience, I'm not afraid to buy any other brand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page