Finally encountered CVT issues, sad to let it go... - Nissan Pathfinder Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Finally encountered CVT issues, sad to let it go...

I've been a long-time lurker and part-time poster around here...

I was proud to say my 2014 Pathfinder didn't have any shuddering/juddering until I started feeling the problem at around 60,000 kms / 4 years of ownership. It started very lightly, almost unnoticeable. But since I had read about the constant issue in this forum, I immediately knew it was THAT dreaded problem.

There was not much I could do since down here Nissan only offers a 3-year/60,000 kms warranty so I was definitely out of it. For the next 12 months / 10,000 kms the problem constantly grew more noticeable. It was more noticeable going uphill and trying to accelerate. And the shuddering started getting way more intense until it was kind of violent. At that point it just blew something and stopped working in bumper-to-bumper traffic while my wife was driving during peak rush hour.

Had it towed to the dealership, they started a "goodwill warranty" process with Nissan, and finally offered to cover 65% of the repair cost (I noticed the "repair" was a change of the valve body or whatever it's called). Since I had been reading about these repairs in the forums I knew it would work at first but then it would inevitably start shuddering again so I decided to sell it.

So after 4 years of very happy ownership and then 1 bad year of shuddering, I finally sold the thing yesterday and was sad to let it go. Sad because I really liked the Pathfinder and it's definitely at a good price-point compared with other offers in the segment. When I first bought the car the plan was to keep it for at least 7 or 8 years...

Next week I'll be taking delivery of a brand new 2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature. It's pricier than the Pathfinder and a little smaller inside, but it definitely drives way better (zoom-zoom) and in the past I've had no reliability issues with Mazda (I'm still driving a 2010 Mazda 6 with 0 issues in 9 years).

Anyway... Time to say goodbye and time to register for a new account over at the CX-9 forums...

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Hey you can still come around and talk @#$%...I sold my Pathy back in September and I still stalk these buggers!

2017 Ram 1500 BigHorn Red and I don't know if I lover her yet
Had a 2013 SL Pathfinder
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Gabolinche. Thank you for being a loyal member. Good luck with your zoom-zoom.

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Garage
Owned Mazdas my whole adult life and still own one. You won't regret it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page