Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Maybe too BIG but couldnt resist!

14K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  straightpath 
#1 ·
So, heres my winter set up! Only tried one on today to test. Yeah, probably too wide but I couldnt let it pass!

$500 for the used Infinity FX45 18s with massive 265s Blizzaks on them. Fit well :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I only put one on to check it would fit. Drove around the block and it was no different, on full lock youd not get a cigarette paper between the tire and the mudflap but cant hear anything catching.

They do extend outwards significantly more than stock but not beyond the arch. I was surprised how little of the hub goes into the centre bore of the rim but then the stock rim seems that way too. Those lug nuts are **** small too!

The rims look massive but think its a trick due to the curve. Offset on these Infiniti rims is stamped as 40.

#10 ·
So, a week on these rims and theyre working out great. No significant noise increase or resistance. On full lock and on an incline the inside front rubs slightly on the plastic guard but not much.

HOWEVER whats surprising is that the Infiniti FX TPMS is working!!!! No lights no buzzers, it DOES work with the PF.

#13 ·
So, heres my winter set up! Only tried one on today to test. Yeah, probably too wide but I couldnt let it pass!

$500 for the used Infinity FX45 18s with massive 265s Blizzaks on them. Fit well :)
Good deal!

OE 18" Tires that most of you dislike:
Tire Weight 29lbs.
Rim Range 6.5-8.5"
Meas. Rim Width 7"
Tread Width 7"
Overall Dia. 30"
Revs Per Mile 692 (from Continental) n/a (from TireRack)

I have to assume with the into you've provided that you have this:
Blizzak DM-V1 265/60-18
Tire Weight 40lbs.
Rim Range 7.5-9.5"
Meas. Rim Width 7"
Tread Width 8"
Overall Dia. 30.5"
Revs Per Mile 683

Actual 61 MPH @ 60mph on Speedo.
Not too much of a difference so you shouldn't notice the extra lugging.
Again, good find. And who really cares about the look of snow tires which serve a temporary yet much needed task for those of you up there in snow country.

As for me, I am a bit leery of putting any tire on this CVT that is taller than OE. I look forward to reading your future progress report in deep snow.

My per

#15 ·
Fidgell

Please confirm that yours are 265/60-18 and keep us posted on the rubbing and behavior of these tires. This will be valuable data to define the max width the Path can use.

It would also be nice if you could post a pic of the front and back of your Path to see if the extra width gives it a more sporty look.

#16 ·
Looks great. I would also like to see pictures of the front and back and details on any rubbing when turning.
I was looking to replace my OEM's with LT 265/60-18, but was suggested to go with the lower profile 265/50-18 to ensure there was no rubbing.
I was really hoping not to lower the height anymore than it already is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.