Has anyone towed a travel trailer with 2013 pathfinder? - Page 2 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 9Likes

post #11 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the review. I will never have that opportunity to tow since I live in the city, but I am very satisfied after reading your review knowing that I am driving the same capable PF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank everyone for great reviews and feedback on Towing Capabilities. The extent of my towing needs are just bike racks and a wave runner trailer but good to know it can handle much larger jobs if the opportunity ever arises.

In the Garage: #1 13 Pathfinder Platinum Premium -- Moonlight White / Charcoal Mods: HIDs, Shark Fin, LED lighting. Planned: Running Boards, Bumper Protector, Cargo Box and whatever else this forum can invent! #2 13 Sentra SR
Recent Retirements: 08 Lancer, 07 Equinox, 06 BMW 330I Sport, 93 Saleen Mustang GT, 00 Eddie Bauer Exp
post #13 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltonr View Post
I should try my first boat tow with the new Pathfinder next weekend. Trying to get the recommended 500 mile pre-towing break-in done first, per the owner's manual. Boat on trailer combo is 3800 lbs. I have towed this boat with a '98 Explorer (OK but definitely a load back there), an '05 Pathfinder (plenty of power, noticeable load but not bad) and an '08 Tahoe (hardly know anything is back there). I'm quite curious to see how the new Pathfinder does.
Make you you get a photo of that. A boat in the back of a 13 Pathfinder. That will show the naysayers how it is done.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!

post #14 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd would play it safe and just get a trailer of this size.

post #15 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 AM

redfish11, the ramps by my house are kind of steep. I did have a problem once pulling my boat out with my RWD exploder. I have also seen FWD cars have problems whereby some have had to be hooked up and pulled out with help. I'm looking forward to towing the boat the first time and pulling it out with AWD.
post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM

Had another shot at towing the boat this last weekend. I think the problem last time with pulling the boat out of the water was the "angle of approach". This time I had the front wheels further down the ramp, and not over the crest of the ramp. (if that makes sense) The PF pulled it out just fine. No issues, I was pretty happy with this.
post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Towed the Boat for the First Time

I towed the boat home from storage over the weekend. Got the 500 mile pre-towing break-in accomplished first. It was only about a 20 mile trip, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were no issues with the 3800 lb boat/trailer rig - hook-up was easy, 7-pin light connection worked fine. My trailer has surge brakes so no issues there. Towing was easy with plenty of power, although I took it easy since I'm still under 1200 miles. I agree with everything "justchecking" said a few weeks back. Towing seemed smoother than with my previous three vehicles ('98 Explorer, '05 Pathfinder, '08 Tahoe) which may be a benefit of the CVT - no "jolt" at each gear change. I also noticed the "rattle" from the hitch receiver and will wrap my hitch bar with duct tape to try to quiet it down some. It was pretty loud. Backing up seemed smoother as well - didn't have to give it as much gas to get rolling and then have to get out of it - again, may be a CVT benefit. The only issue I noticed, different than my other vehicles, is that I no longer have partial rearview vision directly behind the boat from the rearview mirror. It seems to be because of the downward slope of the roof to the rear means a smaller rear window that blocks the view I had with my other vehicles. Not a biggie, but something I was used to. I may look into some side tow mirrors for a little more rear vision.

2013 Pathfinder Premium 4x4, Arctic Blue, Charcoal Interior
2010 370Z Roadster, Touring, 7AT, Sport Pkg/Nav Pkg, Black
1996 4Winns 190 5.0L
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltonr View Post
I towed the boat home from storage over the weekend. Got the 500 mile pre-towing break-in accomplished first. It was only about a 20 mile trip, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were no issues with the 3800 lb boat/trailer rig - hook-up was easy, 7-pin light connection worked fine. My trailer has surge brakes so no issues there. Towing was easy with plenty of power, although I took it easy since I'm still under 1200 miles. I agree with everything "justchecking" said a few weeks back. Towing seemed smoother than with my previous three vehicles ('98 Explorer, '05 Pathfinder, '08 Tahoe) which may be a benefit of the CVT - no "jolt" at each gear change. I also noticed the "rattle" from the hitch receiver and will wrap my hitch bar with duct tape to try to quiet it down some. It was pretty loud. Backing up seemed smoother as well - didn't have to give it as much gas to get rolling and then have to get out of it - again, may be a CVT benefit. The only issue I noticed, different than my other vehicles, is that I no longer have partial rearview vision directly behind the boat from the rearview mirror. It seems to be because of the downward slope of the roof to the rear means a smaller rear window that blocks the view I had with my other vehicles. Not a biggie, but something I was used to. I may look into some side tow mirrors for a little more rear vision.
I am also finding really nice towing performance as you described. In regards to visibility it would be great to have a camera extension device we can clip on the back of the trailers and see on our dash monitors when backing up. maybe something similar for side views. I wonder if there is anything like that out there.

In the Garage: #1 13 Pathfinder Platinum Premium -- Moonlight White / Charcoal Mods: HIDs, Shark Fin, LED lighting. Planned: Running Boards, Bumper Protector, Cargo Box and whatever else this forum can invent! #2 13 Sentra SR
Recent Retirements: 08 Lancer, 07 Equinox, 06 BMW 330I Sport, 93 Saleen Mustang GT, 00 Eddie Bauer Exp
post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:33 PM

I read that the towing capacity was either 3000lbs or 5000lbs. Which one is it? Can this pull a camper?
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulmahn View Post
I read that the towing capacity was either 3000lbs or 5000lbs. Which one is it? Can this pull a camper?
towing capacity is 5000 pounds. trust me I have tested it having towed near the limit and no problems a all. the hybrid version will only tow 3500.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page