Has anyone towed a travel trailer with 2013 pathfinder? - Page 14 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 9Likes

post #131 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotime88 View Post
I just spent time writing a detailed reply and uploading pictures only to have the site freeze and lose all my work. It also constantly crashes when I visit. Very poor forum site.
Been here since Feb. 2014. Never a crash, files all there, I can't even remember the site being down...strange!

2013 Pathy SL Premium Dark Slate And I Love Her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I apologize for making that general statement against the site. I spent about 1/2 hour giving detailed info about our towing experience and trying to upload photos of our set up only to have the page freeze and all info lost. Maybe it was Google Chrome or something else on my end. Maybe its just me who has issues with the site loading and navigating on my computer and also iPad. Sorry to offend the viewers.
post #133 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 03:10 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for all the info everyone - feeling much better about the move now. I suppose the other option is just to put the bikes in the trailer during the ride instead of worrying about where to put them.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This forum has been very helpful! Got a 2016 pathfinder and will pickup a 2017 spree eclipse on Saturday. I was anxious until I found this forum! It will be our first TT experience.
post #135 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfrank View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone - feeling much better about the move now. I suppose the other option is just to put the bikes in the trailer during the ride instead of worrying about where to put them.
Famous triathlete Scott Tinley was once asked about the safest way to get his racing bicycle to a race. His reply? "Ride it there". I know there is NWIH I would put my carbon fiber bikes on the roof or anywhere that a rock or stupid drive would hit them.
post #136 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 12:55 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-of-2 View Post
This forum has been very helpful! Got a 2016 pathfinder and will pickup a 2017 spree eclipse on Saturday. I was anxious until I found this forum! It will be our first TT experience.
Congratulations! Keep us posted here on how it all goes!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SL
post #137 of 137 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM

Year: 2015
Trim: SV
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just a quick summary from my first towing trip. Short distance trip from Ottawa to Algonquin Park Ontario and back 600 km (about 380 miles) round trip. I tow a Puma XLE 17QBC trailer 3435 lb dry (with some extras in) and with my equipment loaded it was about 3800 lb (I weighed all equipment in boxes prior to loading to arrive at the final total). We had 3 people in total in vehicle. That Puma is hitch heavy at 408 lb as per specifications when empty (When weighed with scale it was 420 lb loaded). We have a WD Husky Centerline and that is a monster and adds 80 lb to the hitch so not great putting it at capacity of 500 lb. The 2015 PF did fine. The funny thing was the millage was great in hilly stretch (according to the onboard computer which was reset for each section of interest) where some grades although relatively short in length are at 6-7% over the 100 km (60 miles). I was getting 17.3 L/100 km or about 15 miles/Gallon but these sections are at 80 km/h (50 miles/hr). On relatively flat highway the millage dropped to 19.0 L/100 km or 14 miles/gallon with speed of 100-105 km/hr (62-65 miles/hr).

So far so good...

Seb
Ontario, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page