Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

trunk button not working

116K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  virginia.m.stewart77 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have or had similar issue...

Out of the blue, yesterday, the button beside the rear view camera to open the trunk sopped working... not completely though... let me explain...

Prior to yesterday when pressed, the button would unlock and fully open the trunk or back door or whatever it is called in PF :)

Now, it only unlocks the trunk but does not open it... It has to be done manually. Same thing with the button that's mounted on the back door trim

When I use the remote or the button inside the car below the steering wheel, all works the way it should.

I am due for service in the next couple of weeks, so if I don't find the solution, I will ask service guys to fix it. I was just wondering if anyone had similar issue.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
#6 ·
So there is a bank of buttons on the dash by the drivers left knee. One of those buttons is Power Door On/Off. With the button set to the off position the rear door behaves exactly as you have described. Set it to on and it will go back to "normal" behavior. It can be easy to accidentally hit this button when getting in and out of the vehicle.

#12 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have or had similar issue...

Out of the blue, yesterday, the button beside the rear view camera to open the trunk sopped working.... not completely though... let me explain...
Prior to yesterday when pressed, the button would unlock and fully open the trunk or back door or whatever it is called in PF :)
Now, it only unlocks the trunk but does not open it... It has to be done manually.
Same thing with the button that's mounted on the back door trim

When I use the remote or the button inside the car below the steering wheel, all works the way it should.

I am due for service in the next couple of weeks, so if I don't find the solution, I will ask service guys to fix it.
I was just wondering if anyone had similar issue.

Glad to hear you got it resolved without too much trouble. I have the SV model so no power liftgate. But I'm having a problem with the lock/unlock button on mine (it's the smaller button if anyone is wondering - I couldn't find anything in the Owner's Manual that said what that button did). The service dept. determined the BCM is bad and so they ordered a replacement, thankfully it's under warranty.

I'm wondering what you mean by opening the liftgate: "it has to be done manually". Is there a manual release button that I don't know about?

#13 ·
The Platinum has a power liftgate, so you press the button, either down by the driver's knee, button on the lift gate itself, or on the FOB and the lifegate opens. The OP inadvertently pressed the button that disabled the power liftgate so it only could be opened manually.

#25 ·
Ok can you answer this, I have the same exact issue as above EXCEPT my power button is on the ON position and the button that suppose to open and close won't open the trunk but if I open it manually, it will close it . So what I have is I have to manually press the button on the trunk, it pops open but I have to lift it but the button on the inside panel and on the trunk door will close it.. any ideas what thats about? Appreciate your time