Hood is loose. Anyone have any idea how to properly tighten it down? - Page 3 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 2Likes

#21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My hood seems to bounce around at highway speeds and some wind - but when I'm stopped and push down on the hood...its very tight, doesn't move, and all the lines are flush and even. ???!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 lemon View Post
Realize this is an old thread.. But does anyone have any issues with their hood bouncing going down road? The dealer has looked at mine 4 times and says as usual its normal. but the others on the lot are all flush and lines even. unlike mine. just curious if anyone else has this same issue?
Don't put up with that kind of stupid answer. Tell them you're going to call Nissan NA. Also tell them that if a survey comes out, you will reflect the poor service you are receiving. That hits them in the pocket book.

------
2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium 4x4
Black on Almond
#23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgreek View Post
My hood seems to bounce around at highway speeds and some wind - but when I'm stopped and push down on the hood...its very tight, doesn't move, and all the lines are flush and even. ???!!!
Does it move when you pull it up?
#24 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is it that the hood is loose at the latch?....or is it a matter of the skin of the hood flexing/fluttering in the wind?.....My experience appears to be the latter- when cruising at highway speed (70mph) into a 25-35mph headwind, the hood is staying shut but the skin is fluttering up/down like a tin can.
#25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by belo View Post
Is it that the hood is loose at the latch?....or is it a matter of the skin of the hood flexing/fluttering in the wind?.....My experience appears to be the latter- when cruising at highway speed (70mph) into a 25-35mph headwind, the hood is staying shut but the skin is fluttering up/down like a tin can.
I do believe that to be the case (the skin is fluttering). My hood is cinched down tight, it's not moving on the hinges.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium in Dark Slate with Charcoal leather

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium in Venetian Red Pearl with Black cloth interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page