CVT Warranty Extension - Page 4 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 3Likes

post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Important question guys:

I brought my 2013 Pathfinder in for several recalls and the CVT campaign. I have been having problems with it jerking and bucking at times as well as with a slipping sensation when accelerating. I told them all this. They hooked it up and updated the software, checked for codes and road tested and said nothing was found. I beg to differ and asked them if they performed the inspection of the CVT chain. They said no we don't do that with this campaign and refused to go further stating there was nothing else they can do until it pops a code. They stated they have a flow chart they follow and nothing they have says to do an inspection of any internal components.

Can anyone tell me if they are supposed to do an inspection of any sort as part of this latest campaign or any other time? I'm getting nowhere with them and it's like they have no interest in calling Nissan engineers hotline to see what to do next if the customer is complaining etc. Is this dealer just blowing me off?

WTF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
You already posted this question in another thread, please be patience, sometimes it takes a few days to get the answer you are looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
The answer to the question is that they MUST have a code to do any work on it OR they have to document the shudder. If you can prove either to the dealer you should be good to get service. I am in this boat right now with a 10 day new-reman CVT that is thunking. Not replicatable and no codes.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
I've always had success recording the shudder with my phone, video it, the rumble/shudder comes through quite clear in the audio and if you hold the phone so that you are recording your speedo, the shuddering comes through with vibrating video.

Second time with mine, there was no code (supposedly), took to different dealer, who was only going to test drive it, but once i showed him the video, he got his consult laptop and hooked it up in front of me, took all of about 4 min, and sure enough both I and he could see the code.

So drive your car, capturing the thunk or the shudder on video is my suggestion.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Mine thunked again a couple times - over 3 hours. That is a lot of video.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I got a call to bring my '13 in so the stealership could scope the tranny, to see if it needed to be replaced.
Then I get another call a few hours later.... guess what? I need a new Tranny!! May take a week or so to get it done.... and I never really felt the judder that badly, but I was also never really satisfied with how the car shifted. TBC...
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
I am not surprised.
Most of the dozen issues I've found with my PF most likely wouldn't be noticed by the average owner, including the transmission shudder. My wife says I'm too picky but I'm an engineer and also a car guy, she never noticed any of the issues (not trying to compare you).
My point is, many issues go unnoticed until something fails, and by then, warranty might be over.

You should be glad you got that first call.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Unless Nissan drops a POS reman CVT into your car. Like they did for mine! If there was nothing wrong, I'd have left it. Remember than a reman means you got someone else's POS that broke and they purportedly remanufactured to OEM std. LOL
mercina likes this.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Garage
So the final update for this issue: despite what Nissan's warranty website said when I entered the VIN for my Hybrid, it is NOT covered under the warranty extension, and this has been confirmed by my local dealer. Very torn, as I love the car, but just can't see myself keeping it past 60k as the transmission is just too ridiculously expensive to risk having to replace out of pocket.

As it is, I just hit 36k miles at 2.5 years of ownership, so the bumper to bumper is gone. At this rate, we'll have to trade it in less then two years from now. I think the working plan is to migrate to something larger (like the Armada, Suburban or GMC Denali XL) for the wife, and I'll take over her Pathfinder, which is now been ours for a hair under 3.5 years, and just hit 32k miles. We'll have paid hers off by then, and so will only carry a note on whatever oversized behemoth we settle on...hopefully, gas is not back at $4.00/gallon by then.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I sure am glad that I got that call... and yes I am concerned that I will get a reman. that is someone else's POS.
mercina likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page