2017 Nissan Pathfinder - Page 4 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 3Likes

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
I have a 2010 Outback and actually don't mind the CVT. The power matches the car's weight. In the Pathfinder, its seems a little mis-matched. However, ever since I removed the CVT's engine brake control settings, the Pathfinder has been much smoother with city driving.
How did you disable engine brake control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy View Post
How did you disable engine brake control?
Vladdy - Transmission downshift issue

let me know if you have any questions.

2016 Gun Metallic SL Premium AWD w/Tech & Tow
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baldazzer
As a 2017 owner I can testify that I find the updated CVT unobtrusive. It is now programmed with "shift points" to mimic the feel of a standard automatic. I really don't even notice the tranny and that is fine with me. When you punch it it "downshifts" and then the revs climb but you never really feel the shifts, but the engine feels very relaxed during ordinary driving, unike the 2016 Outback I test drove in comparison. With the 4 cylinder engine, it sounded and felt horrible when accelerating. As for the suspension, I find it a nice compromise between comfort and competent, if not athletic, handling. I'm quite pleased with how my 2017 drives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Thanks for your overview! Many of us were waiting for real-world experience with the '17.

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Great overview and sure was helpful!
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Pathfinder Owner

We've had our new 2017 Platinum Pathfinder for a couple of weeks now. When we started the process of looking for a new SUV, we thought we wanted a new Murano. We had a 2010 that we liked but traded it for a 2013 Honda Accord. Back to the present and after looking at the Murano we were turned off by all of the plastic on the interior.

We then upped the ante and started looking at expensive SUV's. Mercedes GLC-300, No spare tire, no thanks. Drove a Lincoln MDX but the wife did not like the waterfall console. Drove a Volvo XC90, incredible power and liked the way it drove, but the interior was not that comfortable and the car was noisy going down the freeway. Drove Acura MDX and RDX, RDX was too small, wife wanted space for at least 6. MDX was nice but I did not care for the seats, the Advance Package seats have a stitched seam running down the middle of the bottom cushion side bolsters and bugged me to no end. Drove a Mazda CX-9 and really, really liked this car. The only issue was the lack of adjustment of the drivers seat. A very nice car at a good price.

Then looked at Infinity QX60, very comfortable and really liked the styling inside and out. Drove nice and was very quiet. Still, big money.

During all my research on the QX60(and we were heavily leaning towards it) I read about a comparison the the Nissan Pathfinder. Wife liked how it looked(I preferred the Infinity) and we went to drive it. It seemed to ride better than the Infinity and was at least as quiet if not quieter. The seats were just as comfortable(except the Infinity passenger seat is more adjustable). And at a price of about $17000 less it was a no brainer.

The look of the Pathfinder has grown on me, I like the power and the ride quality. It's quiet and comfortable and a screaming deal. I also really like the wheels and the LED headlights.

There are a few things that bug me but are not deal-breakers. I don't like the fact that the Homelink buttons on the mirror are not illuminated. I don't like that the switches on the overhead console are not illuminated. I wish the door handle unlock sensor was on the inside of the handle like the Honda(when car is parked in the garage and door is opened the car does not automatically know which key is present, vs, if door was locked then the act of unlocking notifies the car which key is involved so it can set controls properly). I'm also not a huge fan of the plastic wood grain finish on the console and front doors, but it is not as offensive as some I have seen.

Overall we are very happy with our new Pathfinder...
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Does the new one still has bluetooth issue? And is the dashboard still plastic?

I am considering CX-9 Azami at this stage, the only thing I miss from PF is remote start, 360 around view and rear infotaiment for the kids.

2015 Pathfinder Ti Hybrid in Ivory Pearl White
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:13 PM

Year: 2017
Trim: SV
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tefu View Post
Does the new one still has bluetooth issue? And is the dashboard still plastic?

I am considering CX-9 Azami at this stage, the only thing I miss from PF is remote start, 360 around view and rear infotaiment for the kids.
What kind of bluetooth issues are you talking about? What would the dashboard be if it wasn't plastic?

The PF has the remote start, 360 camera and rear entertainment depending on what package you pick. I only have the SV package and it has remote start. So far I love the way it drives and feels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page