Factory Stereo Specs and Upgrade Info - Page 8 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 14Likes

post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also have a 15 SV, no navi, no Bose.

Can I still replace my factory speakers with something else?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung yen Sung View Post
I also have a 15 SV, no navi, no Bose.

Can I still replace my factory speakers with something else?

Thanks
Of course! Do a forum search for "speaker upgrade".

This will get you started:

Upgrade Mid-Level to Bose Audio

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Hi all. Decide to post this here because this thread has lots of views and comments already. Just looking for some suggestion/thoughts. I have 14 platinum with Bose and I know that the Bose inst exactly properly sounding. My intention is to add an amp and small sub-woofer to the current stock setup. I choose this way because I want the Amp and sub to be removable when needed, (and still have the Bose sub when removed) E.g. when using to move cargo or on road trip when all seats are filled with little cargo space. My question is can I tap into the Bose input signal coming from the head unit. Or is it better to add an LOC. Suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.

Current
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited

Past
2014 Nissan Sentra SL

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So I just bought JBL GTO939 6x9 for the fronts, JBL GTO629 6.5 for the 2nd row, and JBL GTO329 for the 3rd.

Can anyone help me with the size of the dash speakers. I'm going to be buying JBL GTO19T for the pillars so I have that covered.

Thanks
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay62 View Post
Hi all. Decide to post this here because this thread has lots of views and comments already. Just looking for some suggestion/thoughts. I have 14 platinum with Bose and I know that the Bose inst exactly properly sounding. My intention is to add an amp and small sub-woofer to the current stock setup. I choose this way because I want the Amp and sub to be removable when needed, (and still have the Bose sub when removed) E.g. when using to move cargo or on road trip when all seats are filled with little cargo space. My question is can I tap into the Bose input signal coming from the head unit. Or is it better to add an LOC. Suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.
I've used a LOC on my 2006 Nissan Murano and I've always had a small hissing sound from it. I'd want to do the same thing in the future. If anyone else can have some input on this. That would be great.
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How do you like the JBL fronts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqemer View Post
So I just bought JBL GTO939 6x9 for the fronts, JBL GTO629 6.5 for the 2nd row, and JBL GTO329 for the 3rd.

Can anyone help me with the size of the dash speakers. I'm going to be buying JBL GTO19T for the pillars so I have that covered.

Thanks
How do yo like the JBL's, front in particular? Was the install pretty straight forward mount in, Any additional fabrication or offset holes? Thanks!

2015 PF SV 4wd
North Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 09:02 PM

I definitely recommend upgrading your speakers if you can. Makes a **** of a difference with high and mids. Install was really easy. I did have to peel back the edges of the stock spacers to make the 939 fit. I also had to drill two holes to screw them down. I added pictures so you can see.

Took me about 4 hours to add all 8 speakers and also dynamat the front and rear doors. I'm working on the kicker hideaway but need help with the wiring. If anyone can help that would be awesome. I've driven around without the sub and it wasn't even noticeable. Just lets you know how crappy Bose/Nissan speakers were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by gqemer; 05-29-2016 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Add more info
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have '14 S (no Bose, no NAV, just the plain orange and black display for the radio and A/C). I've searched many threads and have not found a straight answer....
I want to put in a simple aftermarket H/U with Bluetooth, nothing fancy. It seems like this shouldn't require as much modification as the higher trim levels. Can I get the double din H/U, the metra install kit, wire harness, and steering wheel kit and be done? I know I will lose the radio information display up top. The A/C display seems to be independent of the radio display.

Thanks
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjamies View Post
I have '14 S (no Bose, no NAV, just the plain orange and black display for the radio and A/C). I've searched many threads and have not found a straight answer....
I want to put in a simple aftermarket H/U with Bluetooth, nothing fancy. It seems like this shouldn't require as much modification as the higher trim levels. Can I get the double din H/U, the metra install kit, wire harness, and steering wheel kit and be done? I know I will lose the radio information display up top. The A/C display seems to be independent of the radio display.

Thanks
Yes that's all you will need. I did the same page on my 15

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page