Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Back seat power ports...

16K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  atoner 
#1 ·
Got done with my 1st interior electronics mod...

See less See more
#4 ·
Great job!

Can you let me know how you did this? This is exactly what I want to do on mine... in fact, this should have been standard...

So, how do you get access to that panel? Do you have pictures or step-by-step instructions?

Also, where did you get the power from?

Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Can you let me know how you did this? This is exactly what I want to do on mine... in fact, this should have been standard...

So, how do you get access to that panel? Do you have pictures or step-by-step instructions?

Also, where did you get the power from?

Thanks in advance!
I will try to put together a mini how to for this... but The parts I user were:

- ABN 12V Add a Circuit or Fuse Kit Blade Fuse Tap Mini ATM Low Profile Blade Fuse 15A AMP Adapter (5 Pack)
- Dual USB Charger and Socket Blue Panel Mount Sea Marine 12 Volt Motorcycle Boat Rv Truck Plug Power Outlet
#Ycn8 /cr/cykd/tplt/4sq

Both from Amazon.

#7 ·
I finally managed to get mine done as well! It seems that the rear section of the center console with the air vents just literally pulls off... Once this is off, you can unscrew the blank panel and drill in the holes for the USB ports. For the power, I just tapped into the wires for the power socket in the console box. I had to remove the gear shifter knob and cup holder panel to access it first. Quite straightforward in the end, but when trying to figure things out on the fly it was a bit daunting...

Attachments

#12 ·
That's exactly what the car needs if you have the time to get those installed. How is the charge holding though? Even with the regular power ports I'm having a tough time getting my stuff to juice up as fast as I would like them to so here's hoping you're getting more power than I am!

#13 ·
If your stuff isn't charging fast, that's probably because of the charger or the devices being charged.

The Pathfinder is going to provide about 12-14 volts, regardless of factory or aftermarket power ports.

Chargers regulate that 12V down to 5V for USB, so it is unlikely you'd have things charging slower in a Pathfinder vs. some other vehicle. Chargers can provide different current, for example 1 amp or 2 amps. That's the most likely reason for different charging times.

The circuitry inside the device regulates the voltage and current provided to the battery. This can also affect charge time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.