2017 Pathfinder with third row ac issue - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jman

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2017 Pathfinder with third row ac issue

I purchased a 2017 Nissan on New Year's Eve. After purchase I realized the third row heating wasn't working. The dealership has had the car since last week and called to say they can't find anything wrong and tried another pathfinder with same issue. They said they would call Nissan to ask.

I've seen a few with this issue in this forum and was wondering if there was any resolution.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed786 View Post
I purchased a 2017 Nissan on New Year's Eve. After purchase I realized the third row heating wasn't working. The dealership has had the car since last week and called to say they can't find anything wrong and tried another pathfinder with same issue. They said they would call Nissan to ask.

I've seen a few with this issue in this forum and was wondering if there was any resolution.

Thank you in advance.
I'm confused. You say the heat is not working in the third row but the dealership is saying it is? Is there or is there not hot air coming out in the third row?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

* 2013 Pathfinder SL w/ Premium
* 2002 BMW 325xi
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky2708 View Post
I'm confused. You say the heat is not working in the third row but the dealership is saying it is? Is there or is there not hot air coming out in the third row?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sorry, the dealership is trying to figure out why it's not blowing cold or hot air. They checked everything and couldn't find the issue or what's causing it. They checked another brand new pathfinder and it has the same issue, the third row won't blow any air. They said they are contacting Nissan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum.

This has been discussed several times, I encourage you to use the search engine on the upper right section of the page.

third row heat

No hot air is supposed to come through the 3rd row vents, only through the floor ones.

'16 Pathfinder no air through third row side vents in AC mode

Cold air only comes out when certain temperature conditions/settings are met (rear temp setting lower than driver's) but one member's PF had a pinched wire.

Let us know if your dealer finds a fix to something that seems to be broken by design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
Welcome to the forum.

This has been discussed several times, I encourage you to use the search engine on the upper right section of the page.

third row heat

No hot air is supposed to come through the 3rd row vents, only through the floor ones.

'16 Pathfinder no air through third row side vents in AC mode

Cold air only comes out when certain temperature conditions/settings are met (rear temp setting lower than driver's) but one member's PF had a pinched wire.

Let us know if your dealer finds a fix to something that seems to be broken by design.

Just got off the phone with the dealer. They confirmed no heat will come out of the third row vents.

He said the third row vents will work for cold air depending on the outside temps. Apparently the vehicle has sensors on the interior and exterior to regulate he temp. I asked what the temp has to be outside and they weren't sure. The response was "hot enough for air vents to work".

With regard to your response, the third row floor has heating?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, all 3 rows have floor heating.

I created this thread to explain the ventilation system Cabin Ventilation System
Images are small and I will replace them later with larger ones.

Hope this helps.
JayArras likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
Yes, all 3 rows have floor heating.

I created this thread to explain the ventilation system Cabin Ventilation System
Images are small and I will replace them later with larger ones.

Hope this helps.
Quick question, on the second row, the heat can blow on high and it just feels like someone is blowing in your face. But the cool air works fine. Is that how it's suppose to be?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed786 View Post
Quick question, on the second row, the heat can blow on high and it just feels like someone is blowing in your face. But the cool air works fine. Is that how it's suppose to be?
It truely the dumbest system on the face of the earth. The front drivers vents have to be very low, then the rear temp has to be very low for it to come out of the top vents. The tech was told by nissan that it's made that way to cool down the back very fast as you jack the ac on in a blazing hot day. But heat from what I've seen is non existent in the 3rd row from what ive seen. I don't drive mine around much nor very far 25 miles a week if that. I just bought a 2017 camry xle, and those are easy to use in the rear vents!! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page