Renamed: Does the 2015 still have issues? Was: Yes or no? Purchase a 2015 pathfinder - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Renamed: Does the 2015 still have issues? Was: Yes or no? Purchase a 2015 pathfinder

So after reading your posts, many of you have me scared to death about the CVT issues with the 13/14 models. We have never owned a Nissan. I thought this site would support the Pathfinder, but many are here to burn it. We test drove the 15 SV and loved it! Please post a simple yes or no and please briefly tell why. All input is appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddparker View Post
So after reading your posts, many of you have me scared to death about the CVT issues with the 13/14 models. We have never owned a Nissan. I thought this site would support the Pathfinder, but many are here to burn it. We test drove the 15 SV and loved it! Please post a simple yes or no and please briefly tell why. All input is appreciated! Thank you.
You hit the nail on the head, I've expressed my discontent with this forum in the past. I u/s some people of having issues but the majority of posts is griping about this or that. I've been part of many car forums current and past and none of them had such disdain for the car in question as this one. With that being said, I say YES...I've owned 2 PF's (2013,2014) and haven't had any issues that my dealership wasn't quick to fix. If you want additional piece on mind, negotiate a deal for an extended warranty. Good Luck
Bugay123 likes this.

Current
16 Maxima SR Pearl White
15 Focus ST Oxford White

PAST
14 PF Platinum Prem Dark Slate/Charcoal Int
13 Sentra SR
13 PF S
12 Sentra SR
04 350Z touring
02 Xterra
98 200 SX
88 300 ZX
86 Maxima (1st car)

Last edited by ny2pr2ok2fl; 06-07-2015 at 11:45 AM.
post #3 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Yes and an extended warranty. I knew about the CVT issues prior to buying, so I bought an extended warranty. I usually buy them when buying a new brand anyways. The PF fits my family needs for the time being. And it is pretty dam comfy. If you like it, get.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium
Arctic Blue w/ Almond Leather
-WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit
-Mark II VG Shark Fin Antenna

post #4 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 07:04 PM

I would say yes. We just bought a brand new 15 SL tech package a month ago and love it. Very comfy ride and handles perfect. I did read this forum before buying and was a little worried but so far so go.
post #5 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the input so far. I just read the full consumer report about the pathfinder and they get ripped for reliability. Interestingly though, CR loves the transmission and says "one of the better cvt available". Weird huh?

Last edited by toddparker; 06-07-2015 at 07:32 PM.
post #6 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddparker View Post
I thought this site would support the Pathfinder, but many are here to burn it. We test drove the 15 SV and loved it! Please post a simple yes or no and please briefly tell why. All input is appreciated! Thank you.
We are here to tell you the truth, be it good or bad about the Pathfinder. Some have had bad experiences and are very vocal about it. There are actually threads praising the brand if you care to look for them. The bottom line is that there is no simple yes or no when it comes to recommendations. With the 2013 and 2014, it was a crap shoot. With the 2015, indications are that reliability has improved somewhat, be we have gotten a couple of reports of problems there too.

We all love what the vehicle has compared to the competition. You yourself love it. The frustrating piece is that Nissan and some of it's dealers have not been responsive to owners complaints about the CVT unless the owner presses the issue. We are all baffled with this response, and hence some of the harsh comments.

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #7 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
YES, YES, YES I purchased my 2015 in Nov 14, currently have close to 10,000 miles not a inkling of any trans problems and I tow a 4000 lb Travel Trailer to boot. I love this pathfinder would go back to the dealer tomorrow and buy another. I did buy the extended warranty due to the amount of miles I put of cars, purchased from Santa Rosa can't beat the price and peace of mind. Hope this helps with your decision
post #8 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Thank you jay and hank. I have seen plenty of praises. Just an overwhelming amount of negativity as well. I am also a member of a boat forum for the boat that we bought and everyone is positive. The divide on this forum certainly surprised me. Glad I came here though. Good chance we will purchase in the next day or 2. I was just looking for overall reasons to or not to purchase a 15 pathfinder since both are on here.
post #9 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Alright fellas, dove in head first last night.
post #10 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Location: Queens County PE Canada, 2013 Platinum Build Date 03/13
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I think if you look, on this forum, at the CVT problems you will see that most of the problems were on the 2013 Pathfinder, less on the 2014 and very few on the 2015. I think Nissan found the problem and fixed it. It annoys me to no end that they will not say what the fix is. Also consider this, people are not likely to comment on their CVT if it is working only if it has a problem. So it would seem, to me at least, that there are allot of working transmissions out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page