Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Plastic shields/covers on rear lower link arms?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jkdblaze 
#1 ·
My wife noticed something hanging from our 2014 Pathfinder.. when I got home I had to get under it with a flashlight (in the snow), and noticed that the piece hanging was some kind of plastic shield that covers the rear lower link arm. its about 14" long, and has a hole one either end. One end is attached, the other is hanging. I can't figure out how it came loose, or how to put it back. I tried to look at the other side, but it was all iced up and hard to see.

Anyone know what this piece is for? Am I safe to just leave it until my next service?

thanks

#3 ·
Ha, this exact thing just happened to me. I live in Houston and am not used to the snow, but I was up in Missouri and got caught in a mess on my way home. I pulled into a Taco Bueno and someone walked up to me and told me I had a problem. I looked through the window and thought my whole rear suspension was hanging down.

After I got under the car in the sub zero temps, I realized it was just the plastic shield. I took it straight to the local Nissan place but they didn't have the part so they just zip tied it. It had completely broken off by the time I got home (except for the zip tie).

At any rate, you can probably let it dangle, and it will snap of on the first object that it hits or you can just break it off.

I haven't gotten mine replaced yet, but it should be cheap (I hope).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.