Recall coming soon for CVT!!! - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 28Likes

post #1 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Recall coming soon for CVT!!!

Just had a meeting with a DTS from Southeast region regarding my judder issue. He said Nissan engineers just finished up testing at the end of July for new CVT and have not been able to recreate any issues with it and that a RECALL is coming in the next month or two. It will affect 13 and 14 Pathfinder. He said he wasn't sure about Altima but since it has the same CVT for the V6 that he couldn't see it being out of scope. He said CEO gave engineering team a "Fix this or else..." ultimatum on this CVT issue and tired of the damage to the brand that this issue has created. Said that recall notices will go out and also the VINs will be flagged when people come in for service. Hopefully the end is near on all this CVT drama!
cwa107, panacea, doxiedad and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
so you're telling me they're going to replace all the CVTs in all the Pathfinders sold since 2012 - about 125,000 of them?!! at a cost of $4,000 each...??!! because doesn't a "recall' apply to all the cars sold, not just the juddering ones? I find this hard to believe
post #3 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgreek View Post
so you're telling me they're going to replace all the CVTs in all the Pathfinders sold since 2012 - about 125,000 of them?!! at a cost of $4,000 each...??!! because doesn't a "recall' apply to all the cars sold, not just the juddering ones? I find this hard to believe
I agree, I find it a bit of a stretch. Especially since our new CVT, replaced in December, has been perfect....why would Nissan give me a new transmission when I don't need it?

However, it might explain why orders on 2015 Pathfinders have been pushed out until November, while other 2015 Nissan models are already starting to show up at dealerships: perhaps they realized they will need additional time to implement the CVT changes into production? The Murano, which is also slated to use the Pathfinder's CVT, is also not due to hit dealerships until Late Fall. Interesting to speculate....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

That is EXACTLY what the DTS told me. I asked him the scope of this recall and said all '13 and '14 PFs. He told me there was major pressure on engineers to correct this issue. He said the engineers had been testing the newest revision of the CVT and finished it the end of July. He said the judder is caused by a hydraulic line pressure issue and the new design corrects the problem. Don't shoot the messenger! I am just telling you what he told me. I guess we will all know soon enough. He says recall notices go out soon.
post #5 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volstang View Post
That is EXACTLY what the DTS told me. I asked him the scope of this recall and said all '13 and '14 PFs. He told me there was major pressure on engineers to correct this issue. He said the engineers had been testing the newest revision of the CVT and finished it the end of July. He said the judder is caused by a hydraulic line pressure issue and the new design corrects the problem. Don't shoot the messenger! I am just telling you what he told me. I guess we will all know soon enough. He says recall notices go out soon.
This would be great, since a recall is supposed to be good for up to 10 years. I'd just drive my current CVT until a problem arises, and then whamo!, Nissan can replace it for free.

I wonder how the powertrain warranty will be affected though...if you've already logged 30k miles on a 2013, do you only have 30k miles on the new one before you hit the 60k limit?
post #6 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

excellent question nettech. If Nissan has any sense of decency they will give 60K miles on the new CVT from the time it is installed.
post #7 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So, maybe, instead of replacing the entire CVT on all 2013 and 2014s they will just replace the Hydraulic line?
post #8 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

That is not what the DTS said. He asked me if I wanted to wait for the new CVT or replace mine now with one that will have to be replaced again when I get my recall notice. So, no, not just a line.
post #9 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
What do you mean by DTS ? And I hope it include Canada and not only Southeast region. By the way what is Southeast region?
post #10 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sounds great. I've been enjoying my Pathfinder, but have had a nagging worry that I will wind up selling it die to cvt issue.

I hope this comes true!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page