Lower molding - Nissan Pathfinder Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Lower molding

Anyone having issues with the lower black molding on the sides? Mine appears to be loose and held only in place via 2-sided tape. Anyways I'm taking it in later this week for service so will have it checked out. Also going to have them look at the hood for the 2nd time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
i had mine replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, it's just a bad design and I don't see it ever being a really secure fit. One one gripe on the vehicle.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markc1024 View Post
i had mine replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, it's just a bad design and I don't see it ever being a really secure fit. One one gripe on the vehicle.
Yeah the dealer said they were fine and that's how they were designed. I looked at the others on the lot and they were all the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could you post a picture of the molding? Thanks
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Besides the two sided tape there are about six clips along the molding and a slim chance of it ever falling off. It'll shake a little though.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I noticed this as well while waxing it and it seemed a little loose but I've noticed trims on other vehicles that "seem" insecure. We will be keeping a watch on it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I picked up my 13 PF SV, this past Saturday. I noticed after a few times shutting the doors, there was a bad "rattle". It sounded like an old, loose car door closing. Low and behold, I found the black, lower molding, very loose and "sloppy". It was so loose, you could see a good sized gaps between the moldings and each door. It would slap against the metal door when closing. Very embarrassing. I immediatly returned my vehicle to the dealer service center. Fortunatly, the area service manager was at the dealer and allowed me to show him the moldings....He was "shocked" and stated that he has yet to see any PF with this issue....He had the service advisor to order all new molding for both sides of my PF. The dealership suppose to call me when the new moldings arrive. This will be interesting, for I saw the double sided tape when inspecting the molding.

I hope this is not another budding relationship with the dealership. I experienced this relationship once before with my 2006 350Z and oil consumption. Nightmare..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
If its held on my double sided tape you can just fix it yourself with some 3M automotive mounting tape.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith9523 View Post
I picked up my 13 PF SV, this past Saturday. I noticed after a few times shutting the doors, there was a bad "rattle". It sounded like an old, loose car door closing. Low and behold, I found the black, lower molding, very loose and "sloppy". It was so loose, you could see a good sized gaps between the moldings and each door. It would slap against the metal door when closing. Very embarrassing. I immediatly returned my vehicle to the dealer service center. Fortunatly, the area service manager was at the dealer and allowed me to show him the moldings....He was "shocked" and stated that he has yet to see any PF with this issue....He had the service advisor to order all new molding for both sides of my PF. The dealership suppose to call me when the new moldings arrive. This will be interesting, for I saw the double sided tape when inspecting the molding.

I hope this is not another budding relationship with the dealership. I experienced this relationship once before with my 2006 350Z and oil consumption. Nightmare..
Anymore news on this LS?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
If its held on my double sided tape you can just fix it yourself with some 3M automotive mounting tape.
the black double sided tape by 3M works very well, might be a good option for this use. I think it's weather proof too, seeing how it will be easily exposed to the elements and of course when you wash it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page