The Shudder has come Down Under... - Nissan Pathfinder Forum

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
The Shudder has come Down Under...

Since being a member of this forum I have a customed myself to the on going Shudder issues that the US members are experiencing and keeping my fingers crossed hoping that Nissan had rectified the problem prior to deciding to export the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder to Australia..

Unfortunately that is not a case, I have a 2014 Pathfinder which I purchased on the 1st of October 2013, its a June 2013 built car and complied to October 2013 here in Australia.

I have just experienced my first Shudder event and thanks to the posts on this forum I knew what to do straight away...

Being one of the 1st owners of the New Pathfinder here in Australia I knew that I am going to have a mamooth task of convincing Nissan Australia that the Shudder Problem also exist here in Australia..

So I called my dealer that I purchased the car from and surprisingly the Manager of Sales was very helpful and is willing to help address this issue.

I sent everything to him in writing including the TSB notes from NissanTech of the issue as well as all the posts relating to the shudder issues from this site. Straight away he acknowledged that this is a serious issue and organised for their Customer Care Manager to immediately organise for my car to be inspected as soon as possible.

Just awaiting a call from the Service Manager to confirm the best time to bring it in and being Xmas time happy to wait till the new year....

So thanks to all the information on this site I might be able to highlight to Nissan Autralia than the problem if not fixed may ruin the Pathfinder's reputation here in Australia and hope that they rectify it soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Good to hear reading about the shutter issue people are having informed you enough to know what exactly to do!
Good luck, hopefully it gets fixed soon
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
glad to hear

I hope you get your entire transmission replaced and you will be trouble free afterwards!

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
glad to hear

I hope you get your entire transmission replaced and you will be trouble free afterwards!

I had 2 torque converters and my CVT replaced last week and still have the shudder problem!!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
it seems like some are lucky while others are not

thats why i said "i hope"

because that is all we have.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Torque replaced to know avail. Repeated problem with dealer computer and tech on board. computer code sent to Nissan but dealer ordered new transmission immediately. long part wait but worth it as car rides smoothly now at all speeds.

Since periodic problem, made deal with dealer to bring in auto when acting up. Problem was intermittent and usually went away with shutting engine off.

Very happy with service response but I was patient about issue. Apparently easy issues to document if happens when portable computer plugged in.

Suspect many owners don't realize problem. The transmission should NEVER stutter as it is direct drive. Stutter to me felt like the car was stuck between gears and needing to shift as one can experience with standard auotomatic transmissions and create in manual drive cars
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenieR52 View Post

Just awaiting a call from the Service Manager to confirm the best time to bring it in and being Xmas time happy to wait till the new year....
Ive had mine since DEC 31.
Haven't had this issue yet.
Ive done about 500km so far.Bought the car at mcarthur nissan in cambeltown.Same as yours ST-L 2WD with option pack.
Did the dealer rectify the issue?
What dealer did you get yours from?
Glad to see a fellow Aussie on this great site.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In Australia also and have major shuddering issue in Melbourne. Just put in for service and they want to keep it overnight. Hope it's gets solved. Any tips ??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi Rodadus,

Raised the issue with my dealer and I havent heard back from the Service Department, I have just followed it up again and they are now making this a priority and will get the car in ASAP.

Which is a pity as I recently upgraded the wheels to a nice set of 20inch aftermarket wheels and the car looks great, hopefully they get this fixed ASAP.

keanspencer,

Got you PM which dealer is doing the replacement CVT and Torque Converter in Melbourne so that I can get my Service Manager to contact them?
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 05:49 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi,Guys,
Any update? Just got R52 This week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page