Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Light Upgrade

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JayArras 
#1 · (Edited)
I haven't tried this on the Pathfinder, but it worked on my Frontier for years with no issues.

H11 to H9 mod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is only the cost of some H9 bulbs. Stock foglights are H11's. Go get some H9's there's a little tab on them that you will have to take a small knife to remove then just plug them in. The H9's are 10 watts a piece brighter and you won't believe the difference.

In theory low beams could be replaced too.

#4 · (Edited)
All were not an issue on multiple Frontiers. Replacing the fog lights with those after one of my original fog light bulbs burned out was by far the best mod I did for the money. I think I picked up some H9's for something like $10, for the pair, at wally world. Because I was skeptical at first I bought those cheapo wally world bulbs, but afterwards I ended up really wishing I had picked up some better hella or piaa bulbs. At the time no one was making replacement LED bulbs though. I think you can get some LED's for the same price as some of your high end bulbs, like hella and piaa

I might try this but with the LED version. No heat issue there.

Absolutely if you can afford the LED's go that route. Any cost effective (wally world $10ish) halogen replacement bulbs will be pretty yellowish in color.

#5 ·
I went ahead and installed Morimoto 55watts and they are Excellent!! No glares to on coming traffics or get high beamed from anyone since December 2014.

As for the LED, I have looked at VLEDS.com; they are high for the price and the output is not as bright compare to HID. If you youtube search it, there is one guy tried on his Toyota 4runner.

#9 ·
Interesting article, but I think the author missed an important point in the section: Fog lamps of any type should not be used in dry weather.

In addition to YOU being able to see better, there's the factor of OTHER DRIVERS being able to see you, even during the day! That's the whole idea behind daytime running lights.

I use my fogs "inappropriately" at night in dry weather on dark narrow back roads and they assist my aging eyes in seeing the edge of the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.