Looking for a Navigation in dash for an S Model - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for a Navigation in dash for an S Model

Hey guys,

First post here. Just wanted to know if there's any in dash navigation that you guys might know that's coming out soon for the new pathfinder. I'm also looking to install a back up camera.

I looked at Crutchfield, but the brands they were selling, i'm not really familiar of. Just wanted to know if anyone has already installed a in dash navi and how it is set up in your pathfinder.

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majishan View Post
Hey guys,

First post here. Just wanted to know if there's any in dash navigation that you guys might know that's coming out soon for the new pathfinder. I'm also looking to install a back up camera.

I looked at Crutchfield, but the brands they were selling, i'm not really familiar of. Just wanted to know if anyone has already installed a in dash navi and how it is set up in your pathfinder.

Thanks..
Take a look at this site. Kinda pricey but this is what I'm thinking about getting as I have an SL and navigation isn't available unless you bought the Premium edition.
NAV-TV Corporation: NTX-Nissan/Infiniti Garmin Navigation kit with Touchscreen
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
You could always try to get a double din and have an audio shop fit it in. Get one that plays DVDs and has navigation and an option for backup camera input. I'm partial to Pioneer decks.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Clarion has a lot of really nice double din, DVD & GPS units. Might be best if you buy one of those locally at a Best Buy or any good audio/video shop and hopefully there's a dash kit available.

BTW does anyone know if there is a double/single din dash kit available for our 2013+ pathfinders?
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

That actually looks good yet pricey. It actually looks like it's the one that's comes from factory. Hopefully this is the one that the dealer mentioned when the navigation doesn't come out for the pathfinder after 3 months. But i'm not sure if this will be compatible with my in dash since I don't have the touch screen. Pretty sure mine is not since it doesn't have a navigation.

Kinda don't want to get a double din navigation, I guess I gotta see it if it sits flush with the deck. Hopefully some people already installed after market navigation in here. If so, hope they took pics!
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM

To everyone looking for a dbl din receiver for their 2013 Pathfinders. I honesn't don't foresee this happening. Being about audio and video, I've already taken my dash apart on my SL w/ standard screen (not touch). First there is no room up top without having to cut up the dash I believe. I removed the entire front panel including the screen and directly behind the screen is a wall. The screen is only about 3/4" thick; if that. Also when you remove the front panel with all the buttons for the radio and heater controls you'll see that there is a circuit board attached to this panel. The buttons aren't attached to the radio itself but rather this all in one circuit board. That's why I don't think we will ever be able to replace our radio's entirely and still retain the functions we have. As for the Navi interface link i've been posting ... I think most of the cost is because they include a replacement screen which is touch, and your orginal (non touch) gets sent back to them. Kinda like a core charge when you purchase parts from the auto parts store. I have pictures of my dash all apart which is will post shortly.
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagin3 View Post
To everyone looking for a dbl din receiver for their 2013 Pathfinders. I honesn't don't foresee this happening. Being about audio and video, I've already taken my dash apart on my SL w/ standard screen (not touch). First there is no room up top without having to cut up the dash I believe. I removed the entire front panel including the screen and directly behind the screen is a wall. The screen is only about 3/4" thick; if that. Also when you remove the front panel with all the buttons for the radio and heater controls you'll see that there is a circuit board attached to this panel. The buttons aren't attached to the radio itself but rather this all in one circuit board. That's why I don't think we will ever be able to replace our radio's entirely and still retain the functions we have. As for the Navi interface link i've been posting ... I think most of the cost is because they include a replacement screen which is touch, and your orginal (non touch) gets sent back to them. Kinda like a core charge when you purchase parts from the auto parts store. I have pictures of my dash all apart which is will post shortly.
very true, looking at the center console there's no way for a plug and play setup. it will require cutting up the console bezel or hoping someone makes a new bezel that allows us to add a single or double din below.

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagin3 View Post
Any chance to get a new thread on "How To..." dismantle the center console/dash to get to radio/LCD?

I bought a TV/Nav2Go for my 2008 Path and was told it would work in my 13 Path just fine. Been searching for instructions without any luck.
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubie View Post
Any chance to get a new thread on "How To..." dismantle the center console/dash to get to radio/LCD?

I bought a TV/Nav2Go for my 2008 Path and was told it would work in my 13 Path just fine. Been searching for instructions without any luck.
If one hasn't been posted already (not sure haven't looked for one) I will post one tonight after work. But there is a video on youtube (honestly I think its by the makers of your kit (TV/Nav2Go) and they show your the teardown of a 2013 Pathfinder and video interface kit install (where to plug your wires into). I can't post the link here at work because my job has it youtube blocked but search 2013 Pathfinder video interface or how to ... suffin along those line.
Zubie likes this.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
In many cases with new cars. Fitting a navigation dash for a non equipped model ends up costing so much that you should have just went with the factory navigation option in the first place = not really worth it.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page