USB Port - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
USB Port

So this is my first ever Nissan and I have to say, I love it. Lot better than my BMW 328i I traded it in for. Not of the same category nevertheless a lot better. I only have one draw back right now ... this USB port. I've had Apple products before and honesly don't like them so I'm an Android fan but my '13 Pathfinder SL w/out Nav won't reconigize the device nor will it read the songs I put on a thumb drive. Am I missing something or is this an issue with a lot of people. Also I've read somewhere that in order to stream using bluetooth you have to have the nav system. Only thing i have is the USB & RCA's in the center console. Someone plz help me!

Last edited by Imagin3; 04-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Agreed, tried plugging my HTC EVO 4G LTE a newer phone in and nothing. Don't get why everything caters to Apple. Seems like it would be pretty simple to accomodate. But maybe I am just missing something. Does music have to be dumped onto the SD card in order for the Path to read it...
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the Galaxy Note and I use the aux ports next to the usb. Or you can do bluetooth. I never consider to use the USB as an input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Galaxy S3 and the usb port does not read my music that us stored on my sd card nor does it read that my device is connected. Bluetooth streaming is not a standard feature on the SL or SV model. Needless to say I am disappointed with the lack of non standard bluetooth features and mobile device integration.
kmani69 likes this.

2013 Pathfinder SV Mocha Charcoal leather
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqonmars View Post
I have the Galaxy Note and I use the aux ports next to the usb. Or you can do bluetooth. I never consider to use the USB as an input.

Did you have to buy some type of converter to use the aux? They are rca inputs correct? I was going to run by radio shack or somewhere and see if they had a rca to 3.5mm cable.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Never thought the pathfinder wouldn't have streaming capabilities. Luckily I bought the platinum edition with the Bose sound system and it plays beautifully with my droid razr maxx
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hopefully future software updates will give us more options for phones and streaming

In the Garage: #1 13 Pathfinder Platinum Premium -- Moonlight White / Charcoal Mods: HIDs, Shark Fin, LED lighting. Planned: Running Boards, Bumper Protector, Cargo Box and whatever else this forum can invent! #2 13 Sentra SR
Recent Retirements: 08 Lancer, 07 Equinox, 06 BMW 330I Sport, 93 Saleen Mustang GT, 00 Eddie Bauer Exp
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
I have an iPod that lives in my car full time and it works great with that. I just leave it plugged in and use the in-dash controls. I get that Apple products aren't for everyone, but an iPod Nano that lives specifically in the car , out of site and mind in the center console, might be a good solution for $150.

I'm pretty sure the dealer mentioned that it should be able to play music off a flash drive. Might have to have a peek at the manual.

Current: 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE in Predawn Gray Mica with Ash leather

Former: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium in Dark Slate with Charcoal leather

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium in Venetian Red Pearl with Black cloth interior
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 PM
jjv

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I've plugged in my daughters Ipod in and it works well. But like you I'm not an Ipod fan so for my last road trip I put a bunch of music on a USB stick and it worked well. I was able to scroll through the different folders of music no problem. The sound is good too.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for the usb to work make sure it's mp3 file NOT mp4. and for you to be able to play pandora or play music from your phone u need an audio wire that goes from 2.5 audio jack to rca. that way u can connect your phone using the av input in your center cosole and play it like that. best part too u dont have to spend 30+ bucks on an ipod all you spend is 3 bucks from radio shack and your set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page