2017 Nissan Pathfinder - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2017 Nissan Pathfinder

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-...er-first-look/

More power and tech options with some new styling queues! Maybe I should trade in my new 2015 lol.

Last edited by Kevin K; 07-07-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Increased towing capacity, which is nice, but I'm wondering if they even bothered to conduct any customer surveys to find out what people want. The article says they're playing catch-up with Toyota and Honda. Nissan always follows, never leads.

Thanks for posting the link, Kevin!

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Wow, it looks almost exactly the same with minimal interior (& useless to me) changes.

One thing they did fix: "Front and rear shock absorbers are stiffer, while spring rates for the rear springs have been increased by 25 percent."

And the multi-tone rims with black paint on the inlets seem to be the new thing across manufacturers. They remind me of mid 90's cheap rims that you would find hanging on the wall at tire places.

2016 Gun Metallic SL Premium AWD w/Tech & Tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2017 Nissan Pathfinder Unveiling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPn58UBGwJk

2017 Nissan Pathfinder Driving footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXUzuuuiurs
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
Wow, it looks almost exactly the same with minimal interior (& useless to me) changes.

One thing they did fix: "Front and rear shock absorbers are stiffer, while spring rates for the rear springs have been increased by 25 percent."

And the multi-tone rims with black paint on the inlets seem to be the new thing across manufacturers. They remind me of mid 90's cheap rims that you would find hanging on the wall at tire places.
Just a mid get refresh. My wife wants to trade in for the "no touch" rear door lol. I want the extra 20hp.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Here's CNET's review of the 2017:

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/20...an-pathfinder/

Nissan's marketing brochure:

http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/2017-p...Reveal0712_Int

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black

Last edited by JayArras; 07-08-2016 at 06:08 PM.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
I actually don't mind the rims. But the same Jatco CVT but more towing? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong??
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
I actually don't mind the rims. But the same Jatco CVT but more towing? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong??
The 2015 CVT isn't exactly the same as the 2013 model and I doubt the 2017 model is the same as the 2015. As soon as the ESM comes out I'll take a look at it.

It's long been my wish that they would raise the power and torque in this thing, to at least be on par with everyone else. But I never suspected they would actually do anything. It's extremely rare for Nissan to raise the hp on a model during it's run while keeping the same basic engine. It's nice they they did this but I still say they should offer a 300+ hp version borrowed from the Maxima.

That being said, it is very noteworthy that this, I believe, is the first (naturally aspirated or perhaps any) VQ35 engine to get direct injection. Not even the Maxima has that.

Nissans of the past:
1980 Datsun 720 Pickup (L20B)
1986 Nissan 720 Pickup (Z24)
1992 Sentra SE-R (SR20DE)
1995 D21 SE 4x4 Pickup (VG30E)
1998 Maxima SE (VQ30DE)
Current:
2002 Maxima SE (VQ35DE)
2013 Pathfinder SL 4x4i (VQ35DE)
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
And so far, Nissan has proven that all its CVTs are crap. While there seem to be fewer problems with each successive year, the same basic design is in all of them. As for the engine, the removal of the cylinder liners is a disaster in the making - mark my words. The new engine is still subject to what I call Walter's Law of Unintended Innovation (my Dad) "Never buy the first model year of anything".
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DEN View Post
The 2015 CVT isn't exactly the same as the 2013 model and I doubt the 2017 model is the same as the 2015. As soon as the ESM comes out I'll take a look at it.

It's long been my wish that they would raise the power and torque in this thing, to at least be on par with everyone else. But I never suspected they would actually do anything. It's extremely rare for Nissan to raise the hp on a model during it's run while keeping the same basic engine. It's nice they they did this but I still say they should offer a 300+ hp version borrowed from the Maxima.

That being said, it is very noteworthy that this, I believe, is the first (naturally aspirated or perhaps any) VQ35 engine to get direct injection. Not even the Maxima has that.
I'm actually pretty impressed with the number of upgrades on what is essentially a mid-cycle refresh. Yeah, the front and back ends are moderately better, but a wholly different powerplant that delivers more horsepower, better towing, but yet the same MPG? Surprising, to say the least. Wish I didn't have to trade in my beloved Hybrid, but I'm not going to play Russian Roulette with a tranny that costs $15k to replace out of warranty. I think I'm with Bushman though, probably going to hold off the first model year until we have a better sense of it's reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page