Owning the 2014 Pathfinder for a year now Review. - Page 2 - Nissan Pathfinder Forum

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
I think you meant to say Dealer installed. Factory installed means they were shipped from the plant with them on it. You mentioned a while ago that you had them installed at the dealership.

Current
16 Maxima SR Pearl White
15 Focus ST Oxford White

PAST
14 PF Platinum Prem Dark Slate/Charcoal Int
13 Sentra SR
13 PF S
12 Sentra SR
04 350Z touring
02 Xterra
98 200 SX
88 300 ZX
86 Maxima (1st car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2pr2ok2fl View Post
I think you meant to say Dealer installed. Factory installed means they were shipped from the plant with them on it. You mentioned a while ago that you had them installed at the dealership.
Everything was factory Installed except at the dealer they Installed the Tow Hitch, Crossbars and Fog Lights.

Own / Owned Nissan's
1990 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Xterra S
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2011 Nissan Murano SV
2013 Nissan Sentra SR
2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I have '13 PF with less than 15K miles; I haven't noticed the 'judder' either, thankfully. Our paint job seems to be fine. I agree about the 3rd row seat - pretty useless except for small kids - my 2 10 yr-olds were not happy riding very far back there 2 yrs ago & I certainly wouldn't have both of them there now! One can sit a bit sideways, but 2 is just a bad idea! We've had the passenger front seat & sensor replaced because the airbag sensor didn't always detect someone. Looks like we'll be taking it in again for the same thing...

How is the rear visibility in your model? We have taken the 2nd row headrests off so we can see properly out the rear window, and the 3rd row is folded down always for more storage, which also greatly improves visibility. We're not thrilled with the size of the rather large side view mirrors either as they block low views of the street/curb when turning. Apparently the PF is not the only vehicle this size with the same issues - a friend has a similar-sized Dodge SUV with similar issues.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirolex View Post
I have '13 PF with less than 15K miles; I haven't noticed the 'judder' either, thankfully. Our paint job seems to be fine. I agree about the 3rd row seat - pretty useless except for small kids - my 2 10 yr-olds were not happy riding very far back there 2 yrs ago & I certainly wouldn't have both of them there now! One can sit a bit sideways, but 2 is just a bad idea! We've had the passenger front seat & sensor replaced because the airbag sensor didn't always detect someone. Looks like we'll be taking it in again for the same thing...

How is the rear visibility in your model? We have taken the 2nd row headrests off so we can see properly out the rear window, and the 3rd row is folded down always for more storage, which also greatly improves visibility. We're not thrilled with the size of the rather large side view mirrors either as they block low views of the street/curb when turning. Apparently the PF is not the only vehicle this size with the same issues - a friend has a similar-sized Dodge SUV with similar issues.
The Visibility should be the same as yours. The 2013 model year was the first year of this style. Taking out the head rests on the 2nd row isn't a bad idea at all especially if no one is using that seating often. Mine gets used maybe once a week or so. I think I'm gonna take mine out as well.
I don't have any issues with the side mirrors at all. They do their job and don't get in my way.

Own / Owned Nissan's
1990 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Xterra S
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2011 Nissan Murano SV
2013 Nissan Sentra SR
2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirolex View Post
I agree about the 3rd row seat - pretty useless except for small kids - my 2 10 yr-olds were not happy riding very far back there 2 yrs ago & I certainly wouldn't have both of them there now! One can sit a bit sideways, but 2 is just a bad idea!
We've actually had 8 adults in our Pathfinder on occasion when we're camping with our group and our vehicle seems to be the only one available that can accommodate everybody. While I agree that the 3rd row space is "cozy", there have not been any complaints for our short jaunts. The issue has been more trying to get out from there than actually sitting in the space.

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Pos!

My 2014 PF is falling apart and getting worse, NEVER AGAIN NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Gilles View Post
My 2014 PF is falling apart and getting worse, NEVER AGAIN NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Care too elaborate?

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page