Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CVT Questionnaire - BETA

7K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  JayArras 
#1 ·
In response to some requests from our members to capture just how many people are having CVT problems and to try to make some sense of the information we have been sharing, I have constructed a questionnaire using Google Forms. Using this tool, the responses you supply can be captured into a spreadsheet where further analysis can be performed.

Please click on the link below and take a look at what has been constructed so far. I'm considering this effort a Beta attempt at this point, so I'm looking for your suggestions and ideas. Feel free to answer the questions if you wish. You will only be able to answer them once, so give them some thought before you hit Send.

http://goo.gl/forms/rF6xuVNZFt

I'm still trying to figure out the capabilities of the Google tools, but I think this might prove to be useful information for us. Please give your feedback in this thread so that we can all share your thoughts.

~ Jay

#2 ·
In response to some requests from our members to capture just how many people are having CVT problems and to try to make some sense of the information we have been sharing, I have constructed a questionnaire using Google Forms. Using this tool, the responses you supply can be captured into a spreadsheet where further analysis can be performed.

Please click on the link below and take a look at what has been constructed so far. I'm considering this effort a Beta attempt at this point, so I'm looking for your suggestions and ideas. Feel free to answer the questions if you wish. You will only be able to answer them once, so give them some thought before you hit Send.

http://goo.gl/forms/rF6xuVNZFt

I'm still trying to figure out the capabilities of the Google tools, but I think this might prove to be useful information for us. Please give your feedback in this thread so that we can all share your thoughts.

~ Jay
Looks great, I have a few suggestions:
- Find a way to allow registered users to change their answers, this in case their CVT is fine now but brakes later.
- For those that had more than one transmission replaced, it would be nice to capture the serial and revision numbers of all of them.

#6 ·
Thanks. I will in due time. Don't worry too much about the information itself. For now, I just want people to try it out and give me feedback so I can work out the bugs and plan how to make this easy-peezy for everyone.

#9 ·
Great Questionnaire - just filled it out,

Some suggestions -
For trim level can we added ST, ST-L and Ti for the aussies out there. Also for the options pack in Australia it is just the "Option Pack" which could be similar to the tech pack.

Somewhere to list 2WD or 4WD, 2WD Hybrid, 4WD Hybrid

Following question "What are the serial and revision numbers of the CVT currently in your vehicle? " could we have a optional question, asking "If you had a CVT replaced what was the revision number and serial of the CVT if known." or similar.

If you had your CVT replaced, Month year replaced and number of miles/km you have done so far without CVT issues on the replacement ?

What is the revision Stamped on the CVT housing ? different from CVT model - eg my old one was 29X0A AMX #2 and new one is 29X0B AMX #3 - this could be optional, as you have to look for it but easy enough to do.

Maybe also another question, some people had issues and ended up with buybacks, they probably wouldn't know CVT models but would be an interesting stat to capture.

#12 ·
Good observation! That won't be something we need to do in the questionnaire. It can be determined by analyzing the resulting spreadsheet. :)

#13 · (Edited)
I've updated the questionnaire. http://goo.gl/forms/q7i411Vf7e. Let me know what you think.

After you take the poll, you'll receive a screen that says: "Your response has been recorded." Click the See previous responses link to see a graphic summary of all the responses recorded so far. Once on that screen, you can click on the View all responses link to see a spreadsheet listing of what each member has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.