Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Transmission cooler 2014 S version

9K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  ssanscartier 
#1 ·
Someone know the type of transmission cooler having the S version? In the spec, He should tow 5000 pounds. In the manual, nothing about the cooler. The dealer tell me this version can tow only 1500 pounds and need to install a bigger cooler. But Nissan don't have parts for that.

No cooler is include in the towing package. True or not?

Someone can help me.

Thank you.

Simon

#7 ·
I can't seem to confirm where I read the information, but it is my understanding that the reason why the S does not have the tow package available is that it does not have the same drive train as the other models and none of the built-in features like wiring, harnesses, the trany cooler, etc. So it is very feasible that the towing capacity is limited to 1500 lbs if someone were to add a tow receiver.

#10 ·
If you have a functioning tow button on your "S", then I don't have a good answer for you. Also could be that something changed in '14. I have a 2013.

#15 ·
Finally I receive the right information. Two dealer confirm the same thing:

- Same drivetrain
- Same cooler

The towing package include only the hitch and the wires.

This is for the Canadian version, something different for the USA ...... of 2wd version?

Thank you for your help.

#17 ·
I called the person who sold me the truck and I told him we have a big problem if this is true. The director called me this morning and tell me the truth. I think the service guy don't have a great day today. I was very clear about my unsatisfaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.