2Likes
  • 1 Post By jman
  • 1 Post By plex

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Weird clunk inside rear door?

Only at 70-75mph a rattle will develop that seems like it's coming form inside the right rear door. What might be loose inside that would cause it to bounce around only after reaching those speeds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What year Pathfinder do you have I noticed the other day when I was in my 16pf I was hearing a rattling towards the right rear unfortunately I don't drive it enough and the wife is oblivious to stuff like that
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:00 AM

Year: 2014
Trim: Platinum Premium
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have this exact same problem!! The door and trim is all fine - and I believe the problem may be a loose heat shield (from a post I found from someone else with the exact same issue). Its been too cold/wet to go under to check it - so I'm going to have Nissan check it when I have my next service. Hopefully its just something minor - but I've seen at least 3 posts about it so far!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the lack of response.

2015 Platinum
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Year: 2013
Trim: SL Premium Package
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Clunk Noise coming from the back while driving on potholes

• 2013 Pathfinder SL w/Premium in Brilliant Silver
    (replaces 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT)
  • 2007 BMW 530xi in Sapphire Black
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks but this happens over smooth highway, only at speeds around 70-75 and is definitely coming from the right rear door. That it is very speed dependent makes it seem like some resonant frequency is triggering something that's loose inside the door.

This only happens on long trips, there is no speed limit 70mph highway near my dealer. So not sure what they can do other than take the door apart and put it back together.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

I've taken video but my phone camera picks up more road noise than humans do, so it's hard to hear the rattle.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm still having the rattle at high speeds 70-75. Took the 16 pf SL to the dealer and they claimed the noise was the roof rail end cap. They replaced it under warranty but I'm still hearing the noise...almost sounds like its in between/in the door
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Year: 2015
Trim: SL Tech
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
I'd ask someone to drive around without it while I'm in the trunk to identify the source. Use a cel phone to record a video as you move it around the door, then watch the video and listen where it gets louder.
kawikdogg7 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM

Year: 2017
Trim: Platinum
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My wife's 2013 had a very noticeable rattle that was seemingly coming from the rear passenger door area. It was her car and she never noticed or paid attention to it, but whenever I drove the car it was the first thing I noticed once above 55 mph or so. Finally on a road trip I had her drive and I got into the backseat and put my ear to everything back there. I narrowed it down to something going on beneath the floor in front of the 2nd row passenger side seat. At this point it was still under warranty, so I brought it in and told them the rattle was coming from beneath the floor, assuming that they would otherwise tell me they couldn't duplicate the problem. To my surprise upon picking the vehicle up, they told me they did duplicate the rattle and confirmed it was coming from beneath the floor. Not only that, they fixed the problem, which was a loose wire harness plug that was banging around. They resecured it and we never heard the rattle again.
kawikdogg7 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page