NEW PATHFINDER PROBLEM - Has anyone else experienced a NO acceleration issue?? - Nissan Pathfinder Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
NEW PATHFINDER PROBLEM - Has anyone else experienced a NO acceleration issue??

Hello Folks,

I did a search but came up empty. I wonder is this has happened to anyone. I am driving my 2013 pathfinder and from time to time, on the highway or local roads, even at take off I press the accelerator and nothing happens. The revs do not rise, the truck does not accelerate. I can put the accelerator to the floor and still nothing.

It happens roughly once every time I drive it. I let go the accelerator and press it again and it is back to normal. The truck is warm every time it happens, so I cant say it is because I am driving the engine cold.

Any idea what that could be? I took it in to Nissan but they could not reproduce it. I have been in talks with the Service Manager and they agreed to take it for a few days and give me loaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
We had the same issue and it normally happened after applying the brakes and trying to accelerate afterwards. I had also noticed the brake lights were on after parking the car. The dealer was able to recreate the problem and found a brake lamp relay sticking. I believe there is a safety feature that prevents acceleration while the brakes are being applied (probably something to prevent unintended acceleration). They replaced the relay and we haven't experienced the problem since. The part # on our invoice is 2523079917.
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Yes, mine did the same on my 2nd CVT - had none of the acceleration/stalling issues with the first CVT. Mine just wouldn't go sometimes when I pressed the gas - no rhyme or reason - just intermittent like most of my other PF issues. Mine could not be replicated and quite honestly, I don't think that the Nissan rep believed me. Good luck to you. I was terrified to drive my PF for the last several months of ownership leading up to my buyback - my family could have been killed when my PF would randomly stall/not go in traffic.
bmoore171 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

I really hope they can replicate mine...and get it fixed.
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Dropping it off tomorrow. I dont think it is the break lamp relay because the issue happens on the highway as well. anyone else experience this?
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaharaj View Post
Dropping it off tomorrow. I dont think it is the break lamp relay because the issue happens on the highway as well. anyone else experience this?
Haven't experienced in the PF, but my wife's Hyundai had a similar issue caused by a shifter relay.

It sounds like a computer issue, that something is telling it to cut power to the throttle intermittently. I would imagine there are a lot of sensors and relays that could cut power if they malfunctioned, so it could be a simple component replacement rather than a major powertrain issue.
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

i have been one of the lucky ones to not have the shudder issue. I would tend to agree with you....it is something telling the truck to cut the power.
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaharaj View Post
i have been one of the lucky ones to not have the shudder issue. I would tend to agree with you....it is something telling the truck to cut the power.
just curious but what is the production date range on your PF?
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Jan 2013 was the date
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
could this be the CVT lagging?

actually nevermind.. if it was the revs would still shoot up...

electronic throttle control.... dam everything going electronic.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
2013 Nissan Pathfinder?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Pathfinder Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page